BCR-ABL p190 RT-PCR

The Philadelphia chromosome arises from translocation t(9;22)(q34;q11) and is found in more than 95 % of patients with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) as well as in 10 – 25 % of adult and 5 % of underage patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL).

This translocation links the proto-oncogene ABL1, (c-ABL, chromosome 9), to a specific region of the BCR gene. Approx. 40 % of ALLpatients with the Ph chromosome (Ph+) show the same molecular rearrangement as is found in CML (BCR-ABL Mbcr, major breakpoint cluster region). In the remaining Ph+ ALL cases (60 %) the chromosomal breakpoint is located in the minor breakpoint cluster region (m-bcr) of the BCR gene. This specific translocation links the BCR exon e1 to the ABL exon a2 (e1-a2 rearrangement) creating the fusion gene BCR-ABL m-bcr, which produces a fusion protein of 190 kDa (BCR-ABL p190).

Parallel quantification of the ABL transcript (housekeeping gene) and the BCR-ABL p190 transcript allows control of sample integrity and reverse transcription. With standard curves for BCR-ABL p190 and ABL the absolute quantity of BCR-ABL p190 transcript can be determined and normalized to the number of ABL transcripts. Detection of translocation t(9;22)(q34;q11) provides crucial information for diagnosis and prognosis of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) and Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), and is a valuable tool for monitoring Minimal Residual Disease (MRD).

The BCR-ABL p190 rt-PCR kit includes:

  • Ready-to-use reagents for Real-Time PCR
  • Amplification control (amplification of a fragment of the ABL gene transcript)
  • Positive controls (DNA corresponding to a fragment of the BCR-ABL p190 transcript and ABL transcript)
  • dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contaminations
  • Fluorescence normalizer

BCR-ABL P190 RT-PCR

ProductCat.Capacity
Real Quality RS-BCR-ABL P190RQ-S55-48
RQ-S55-96
48 Tests
96 Tests

PRICE INQUIRY