RQ Entero PCR kit for the detection of Enteroviruses.
Enteroviruses are a part of the Picornaviridae family and so far comprise more than 70 serotypes, which include Coxsackieviruses A and B, Echoviruses, Polioviruses and Enteroviruses 68 to 71. All enteroviruses have a single-stranded RNA genome and a non-enveloped icosahedral capsid. Transmission of the viruses manly occurs via the fecal-oral route.
Further diseases associated with enterovirus infections are poliomyelitis (polio), which is caused by polioviruses, and aseptic meningitis. The latter is a usually benign form, which rarely requires treatment. Unfortunately, its clinical appearance is often undistinguishable from the more severe bacterial types of meningitis. Mostly persons with weak or compromised immune defenses, like small children or persons recovering from a disease or trauma, are affected by infection with these types of viruses.
The use of molecular assays has significantly improved the diagnosis of such infections. The extreme sensitivity of these assays even allows detection of virus RNA in CSF samples that were taken several days after the appearance of symptoms. At this point, cell culture methods usually cannot isolate the virus anymore. In addition, molecular assays have reduced the time required for analysis from 4 to 10 days, with cell culture assays, to a single day.
Compatible platforms: Validated on
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast / Fast Dx, 7300 and StepOnePlus / StepOne Real-Time PCR System
- LightCycler® 480 and 2.0 Real-Time PCR System (Roche)
- Dx Real-Time System and CFX96 Real-Time PCR Detection System (Bio-Rad)
- The kit can be used on instruments that allow a reaction volume of 25 µL and read the FAM and JOE fluorescence.
- Diagnostic specificity: 100 %
- Diagnostic sensitivity: 100 %
- Accuracy: 100 %
The RQ-Entero rt-PCR kit includes:
- Ready-to.use reagents for reverse transcription and Real-Time PCR (single-step RT-Real-Time PCR)
- Internal control (RNA)
- Positive control (DNA corresponding to fragments of the EV genome)
- Dye for fluorescence normalization
|Real Quality Entero||RQ-89-48|
|Real Quality Standard||RQ-90-ST||4 x 60 μL|