RQ MBT PCR (RT) kit for the detection of mycobacteria
Mycobacteria are gram positive, non-motile, acid-fase, non-spore forming and obligate aerobe or microaerophilic. The genus Mycobacterium covers the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (MTBC) and more than 100 other species of ubiquitous nontuberculous mycobacteria (atypic and NTM) which include pathogenic, non-pathogenic and opportunistic species as well. Nowadays, tuberculosis (TB) occurs worldwide and poses an enormous problem for the public health by killing over 4,000 people each day.
Although the pulmonary tuberculosis is the most common type, basically all organs can be affected. About 73% of TB cases suffer from pulmonary tuberculosis. In 3,5% of those cases other organs are affected as well.
Although, the initial diagnosis of an infection usually is based on clinical data, the definitive diagnosis requires isolation and identification of the mycobacterium in the laboratory. The conventional methods for mycobacterium detection are based on analysis of phenotype, biochemical characteristics and on chromatography and are usually too time-consuming to be applied in routine screening. In the last years, several methods for direct detection of the mycobacteria have been developed that are based on techniques of molecular biology. Among these, the methods based on PCR allow detection of the mycobacterium at a fraction of time and cost.
Compatible platforms: Validated on
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast / Fast Dx, 7300 and StepOnePlus / StepOne Real-Time PCR System
- LightCycler® 480 and 2.0 Real-Time PCR System (Roche)
- Dx Real-Time System and CFX96 Real-Time PCR Detection System (Bio-Rad)
- The kit can be used on instruments that allow a reaction volume of 25 µL and read the FAM and JOE fluorescence.
- Diagnostic specificity: 97 %
- Diagnostic sensitivity: 96 %
- Accuracy: 96 %
The RQ MBT PCR (RT) kit includes
- Reagents for Real-Time PCR
- Amplification control (amplification of the beta-globin gene – BG)
- Internal control (for acellular samples)
- Positive controls (DNA containing fragments of MTBC genome and the BG gene)
- dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination
- Dye for fluorescence normalization
|Real Quality MBT||RQ-85-48|
|Real Quality MBT Standard||RQ-86-ST||4 x 60 µL|