Comparison of the CeliaSCAN to an in-house SSCP/HD method

Celiac Disease-associated Human Leukocyte Antigens DQ2.5, DQ2.2, and DQ8 are reliably detected by a new multiplex real-time PCR Assay: CeliaSCAN

Roel Heijmans1,4, Perry van Wunnik2, Martine Reijm3, June van der Werf1, Hetty J. Bontkes3, Leo C. Smeets2, Servaas A. Morré1,4, J. Bart A. Crusius1,4, A. Salvador Peña4

Introduction: Celiac Disease is an autoimmune disease caused by an inappropriate immune response to dietary gluten. 90% of patients with celiac disease express the HLA-DQ2.5 heterodimer. Of the remaining 10% most carry the HLA-DQ8 or HLA-DQ2.2 heterodimers. Absence of these heterodimers is a very strong negative predictor of celiac disease.

Aim: To compare in-house SSCP/HD method with CeliaSCAN.

Read full article

CeliaScan

 

Subscribe to our newsletter!