- Non-growing pathogens under antibiotic treatment
- Rare pathogens, including anaerobic and fastidious organisms
The SepsiTest™-UMD increases the rate of diagnosis of true infections (up to almost 70%) by the identifications of pathogens (> 345 bacteria and fungi) in culture-negatieve patients. It identifies pathogens in 35% to 45% of patients 12 h to 3 days earlier than blood culture. In infective endocarditis, the test provides pathogen identity even up to 8 days earlier.
Unique DNA extraction
- > 99% removal of human and free floating microbial DNA
- Broad-range lysis of bacteria and fungi
- DNA enrichment and isolation of live bacteria and fungi
Subscribe to our newsletter!