The Arcis Pathogen Kit is a ready to use kit comprising two pre-filled reagent tubes enabling the extraction of nucleic acids from a variety of biological samples.
The product is intended to be used by trained users proficient in molecular biological techniques.
Reactions from the Dutch market:
- “I always have doubts about such fast extractions, but this extraction kit really works!”
- ” Ideal way of rapid reprocessing of culture media in which we precult MRSA for PCR”
In 3 minutes, with no prior sample preparation, the Arcis Pathogen Kit allows you to go from bacterial samples to downstream nucleic acid investigations without the need for isolation or purification. The Arcis Pathogen Kit is an IVD sample prep system for the release of bacterial nucleic acids from bacteria grown on common microbiological growth substrates. The material released is suitable for use in molecular diagnostic investigations such as PCR. The product has been tested on the following sample types: bacterial cells on agar, liquid broth and standard laboratory buffers such as PBS. Gram Positive and Gram negative bacteria have been used in validation studies including E.coli, S. aureus and K. pneumonia.
The Arcis DNA Pathogen Kit is intended for in vitro diagnostic use. The Arcis Pathogen Kit can also be used in research (non IVD) to release DNA and RNA from pathogens in a variety od biological sample types including blood, swabs and saliva.
- Simple and time saving with fewer pipetting steps
- Sample PCR ready in 3 minutes
- Stabilizes nucleic acids for up to 30 days at room temperature
- Single pre-mixed lysis solution ready for use and stable at room temperature
- Universal nucleic acid purification system for pathogens: the same kit can be used for both DNA and RNA downstream applications
- Reduced steps result in less infectious waste
Complimentary Products: PCRmax, fast qPCR
The new PCRmax Eco48 real time PCR instrument is one of the fastest PCRs currently available on the market. In combination with the superfast DNA/RNA extraction kits from Arcis, an exceptional turnaround time is achieved.