The Presto PLUS Chlamydia trachomatis (CT)- Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG)- Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) Assay kit is intended to be used for in vitro qualitative detection of Chlamydia trachomatis plasmid DNA, Neisseria gonorrhoeae chromosomal DNA and Trichomonas vaginalis chromosomal DNA in urine, urethral swab specimen and endocervical swab specimen, vaginal swab specimen and rectal swab specimen of human. CT NG TV PCR
Chlamydia trachomatis is an obligate intracellular gram-negative bacterium. Nineteen different serovars are known including eleven (D-K) causing urogenital infections. Infection in females is frequently asymptomatic, and untreated infections may progress to endometritis, salpingitis and infertility. Screening for asymptomatic infections is indicated to reduce the transmission of CT and to prevent the development of severe complications.
Neisseria gonorrhoeae is responsible for the second most prevalent sexually transmitted disease after Chlamydia trachomatis. Infection in females is frequently asymptomatic which increases the risk of transmission. Long term undiagnosed infections may progress to pelvic inflammatory disease, chronic pelvic pain, ectopic pregnancy, neonatal conjunctivitis, and infertility. Early detection of infection is indicated to reduce the transmission and subsequent severe complications. CT NG TV PCR
Trichomonas vaginalis is an anaerobic, flagellated protozoa. The parasitic microorganism is the causative agent of trichomoniasis, and is the most common pathogenic protozoan infection of humans in industrialized countries. Evidence from published studies show that T. vaginalis is independently associated with a variety of adverse health consequences in both women and men, including increased human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) transmission, infertility, cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) development in women, and non-gonoccocal urethritis and chronic prostatitis in men.
Presto Plus SPECIFICATIONS CT NG TV PCR
- CT Sensitivity 100%/ Specificity 99,8%
- Detection of ALL CT serovars (including Swedish and Scottish variants)
- TV Sensitivity 95,3%/Specificity 100%
- Highly specific NG detection (no confirmation needed)
- READY TO USE MASTERMIX. Primers, probes, buffers, reagents and Taq-Polymerase, it’s already there, ready for use in the mastermix. No time consuming handling and no spoiling of the excess freshly made mastermix anymore!
- HOMEBREW PRICING. The Presto 500 kit is as cost effective as your homebrew version. Give us a call and we’ll explain you why!
- HIGHLY RELIABLE. The Presto TV assay is proven to be very reliable, due to high sensitivity and specificity and the unique Internal Amplification Control
- DETECTION OF DOUBLE INFECTIONS. Because of the use of the so called selectors which are in the kit, double infections will be detected as well. Ask us everything about this unique feature.
Presto Publication. Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in an STI population: performances of the Presto CT-NG assay, the Lightmix Kit 480 HT CT NG and the COBAS Amplicor with urine specimens and urethral/cervicovaginal samples.
We are pleased to announce that On Tuesday the 27th of march and Wednesday the 28th of march The Royal Dutch society for microbiology and The dutch society for medical microbiology will host the Scientific Spring Meeting KNVM NVMM 2018.
Visit their website here
If you’re looking for a distributor for one of our Presto kits in your territory please click on your country on the map. If there’s no distributor available in your country we ship directly from our factory.