Many people do not have the nescessary enzymes in sufficient quantities to digest lactose and fructose. Viennalab assays identify the most frequent genetic variations responsible for sugar intolerance.
- Sugar intolerance is caused by mutations in the genes for metabolic enzymes or transporters, e.g. the LCT or Aldolase B genes.
- Common symptoms include abdominal bloating and pain, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, flatulence and hypoglycaemia.
- Fructose intolerance may ultimately lead to death due to liver and kidney damage
The ViennaLab Sugar Intolerance StripAssays®
• are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products
• combine probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides
• work with immobilized oligos on a teststrip
• show mutations by enzymatic color reaction easily visible to the naked eye
Sugar Lactose Intolerance
|Lactose Intolerance StripAssay®||4-300||20 Tests||Detection of two lactase (LCT) gene polymorphisms -13910T>C and -22018A>G|
|Sugar Intolerance StripAssay®||4-310||20 Tests||Detection of two lactase (LCT) gene polymorphisms and four aldolase B gene mutations|