Subscribe to our newsletter.
Unlocking the Potential of Genomic Research with the MassARRAY® System by Agena Bioscience
Genomics is revolutionizing our understanding of biology, health, and disease. Leading the charge is Agena Bioscience’s MassARRAY® System, an advanced platform offering unparalleled accuracy and flexibility in genomic testing. With a wide range of applications, from oncology to virology, this system has become an invaluable asset in both clinical and research settings.
Trusted Globally in the Scientific Community
With nearly two decades of reliable service and featured in over 4,000 peer-reviewed publications, the MassARRAY® System has gained global trust. This makes it the go-to system for many leading labs around the world. It offers a reliable and efficient path to molecular testing, situating itself as a cornerstone in any laboratory’s workflow.
Flexibility at the Core of Laboratory Processes
The system is designed to seamlessly integrate into laboratory workflows. Its flexibility allows you to streamline the process of genetic testing. This ease of use has made it an immensely popular platform for labs worldwide.
High Throughput and Broad Multiplexing Range
One of the MassARRAY System’s standout features is its broad multiplexing range. A single PCR reaction can target up to 50 specific DNA variants, and with SpectroCHIP® Array technology, one can run 96 or 384 samples simultaneously. These features allow for high throughput without sacrificing precision.
Productivity and Cost-Efficiency
The system also has the capacity to process two additional plates overnight, making results available within a day. Moreover, the system’s technology eliminates the need for fluorescent markers, making it a cost-effective choice without compromising the quality or reliability of the results.
User-Friendly Data Interpretation and Flexible Biomarker Detection
The MassARRAY System simplifies data interpretation by focusing on specific mutations instead of a broad approach like whole-genome sequencing. This makes the system extremely flexible in detecting various types of biomarkers, such as SNPs, insertions, deletions, and translocations.
SpectroCHIP® Arrays for Multiple Assays
Exclusive to the MassARRAY System are the SpectroCHIP Arrays, which feature evenly spaced matrix pads onto which DNA analyte mixtures can be deposited. This allows for side-by-side testing of different assays and sample types in a single run.
MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for Precise Genetic Analysis
At the core of the MassARRAY System is its use of Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization – Time of Flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry. This enables the system to differentiate between genetic variants based on their individual mass, thereby eliminating the need for additional labeling or fluorescence and making the process more efficient.
The components that typically come with the Agena Bioscience MassARRAY® System include:
1. MassARRAY Analyzer: This is the core instrument that performs mass spectrometry-based analysis. It measures the mass of ions to determine the composition of nucleotides in DNA samples.
2. SpectroCHIP Array: This is a silicon chip used as a sample carrier for the MassARRAY system. It holds the samples and reagents in tiny wells, and it’s designed to be analyzed by the MassARRAY Analyzer.
3. SpectroCHIP Dispenser: This component is used to load samples and reagents onto the SpectroCHIP Array.
4. MassARRAY Typer Software: This is the software that controls the MassARRAY system, operates the instrument, and analyzes the data generated from the mass spectrometry analysis.
5. Assay Design Software: This software assists in designing genotyping or mutation detection assays that can be run on the MassARRAY platform.
6. Reagents and Consumables: Various reagents, buffers, and consumables are provided by Agena Bioscience to prepare samples, run the assays, and perform the mass spectrometry analysis.
7. Sample Preparation Equipment (optional): Depending on the specific application, you might also need additional equipment for DNA extraction, purification, and quantification prior to running the assays on the MassARRAY system.